2018 National Disaster Resilience Conference
November 7 – 9 | Clearwater Beach, FL
The 2018 National Disaster Resilience Conference that will bring together the nation›s foremost voices in the disaster safety and resilience movement on November 7-9 in Clearwater Beach, FL. Keynote presentations, discussion panels, and spotlight topics will focus on the latest in science, policy, and practice to create more resilient buildings and disaster-resilient communities in the face of earthquakes, floods, hail, hurricanes, lightning, tornadoes, and wildfires, as well as human-caused disasters.
Design professionals, emergency managers, financial services experts, futurists, housing experts, insurers, journalists, meteorologists, product manufacturers, risk communicators, scientists, social psychologists, and many others will come together to make this conference an innovation incubator for the disaster safety and resilience movement.
The 2018 program topics will address:
- Big Business: Best practices for resilience in the workplace
- Big Idea: Building resilient homes using emerging products and methods
- Big Innovation: New efforts across science, policy, or practice
- Big Message: Leveraging risk communication that creates resilience
- Big Metrics: Measuring resilience to achieve success
- Big Money: Making the economic case for code-plus construction
- Big Picture: Learning from resilience best practices around the globe
- Big Policy: Understanding the U.S. building code landscape
- Big Science: Innovating resilience through new research and science
- Big Trends: Exploring the latest in resilience in the marketplace
- Big Weather: Sharing the lessons learned from the 2017 disasters
Sponsorships for the 2018 NDRC are now available. Please help underwrite this dynamic program and become a sponsor today.