California Climate Action Planning Conference
At this critical time, California has emerged as a national and international leader in addressing the climate crisis. To keep our leadership and momentum, Cal Poly’s City & Regional Planning Department - in partnership with the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) - are proud to announce the third California Climate Action Planning Conference on August 24 & 25, 2017, held on the Cal Poly campus in beautiful San Luis Obispo, California.
Plan now to learn and network with 200 fellow professionals in climate action, sustainability, and resilience. So much is happening and this conference will provide innovative, in-depth sessions led by leaders in the field.
Planned program content includes; the new Scoping Plan, pathways to deep de-carbonization, successful financing and implementation, community vulnerability assessment, and climate justice.
We anticipate providing a draft program and opening registration in May. If you would like to be kept up-to-date, visit our webpage and sign-up for our e-mail notification list (if you didn’t receive this announcement directly): http://planning.calpoly.edu/CCAPC
Make sure you don’t miss what promises to be an educational and inspirational two days!
- Michael R. Boswell, Professor, Cal Poly, email@example.com
- Adrienne Greve, Associate Professor, Cal Poly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Burris, Raimi & Associates
- Chris Gray, Western Riverside COG
- Diana Madson, Sierra CAMP & Sierra Business Council
- Michael McCormick, OPR
- Chris Read, County of San Luis Obispo
- Kif Scheuer, Local Government Commission
- Tammy Seale, PlaceWorks
- Honey Walters, Ascent Environmental