IBS Conference on Climate Change and Human Migration
We are pleased to announce the 2017 International conference on IBS Conference on Climate Change and Human Migration to be held at the Paradise Hotel in Busan, South Korea from November 27th – December 1st
The main goal of this conference will be to discuss aspects of climate-induced human migration and to determine how climate predictions can help assess and mitigate impacts of climate-driven human displacement.
During the first two days of the conference (November 27th – 28th) world-renowned experts will give keynote presentations on:
- Climate Change, Anthropology, and Human Migration
- Climate and Civilization
- Drought and Water Management
- Climate and Food Security
- Sea Level Rise and Relocation
- Climate Justice
- Archeological Perspectives on Climate-induced Human Migration
- Climate Prediction and its potential application in Humanitarian Crisis Management
The last three days (November 29th – December 1st) are dedicated to in-depth presentations on these key topics.
The conference is organized by the Institute for Basic Science (IBS), the IBS Center for Climate Physics, the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Seoul, the APEC Climate Center, and Pusan National University.
This project is supported in part by Busan Metropolitan City to expand science and technology culture (과학기술문화 확산 부산광역시 지원 사업)