Innovative Solutions for the Energy Transition in Asia
Asia accounts for almost half of global energy demand and therefore has a crucial role to play in the clean energy transition. In response to this reality, more and more corporate energy buyers in Asia have set climate and energy targets. While achieving those goals has proven challenging, promising solutions have emerged. During this event, World Resources Institute and its partners at Clean Energy Investment Accelerator will highlight business models and purchasing mechanisms that have been piloted across the region in the quest to hasten the corporate sector's clean energy transition.
These solutions include an aggregated purchasing approach for rooftop solar in Vietnam; the development of green products by Indonesia’s national utility PLN; as well as pilot projects for industrial clean heat in across the region. Panelists will share not only lessons learned from early success in these models but also opportunities to scale these up across various markets.
- Dr. Hang Dao, Co-Lead, Vietnam Clean Energy Investment Accelerator
- Clorinda Wibowo, Energy Manager, WRI Indonesia
- Alnie Demoral, Clean Energy Analyst, Allotrope Partners
- Wenquan Zhang, Research Associate, Climate & Energy Program, WRI China
- Marlon Apanada, Southeast Asia Engagement Lead, Energy & Climate, World Resources Institute (Moderator)