Livable Cities Forum 2022
Registration cost: $$$
Register here: https://whova.com/portal/registration/livab_202209/
Join us for the 10th Livable Cities Forum. This year’s event, hosted by the City of Victoria in partnership with ICLEI Canada and the Canadian Urban Institute, will focus on equity and climate action. You won’t want to miss this boutique national event widely known for its high-caliber practical sessions and diverse speakers on climate change action in Canada.
What lessons can we learn from two simultaneous and complex issues, the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change, that are affecting our well-being and shaping a new reality for cities and towns? This forum will look at important synergies between efforts to address social vulnerabilities exposed through the COVID-19 pandemic, and efforts to increase climate resilience and achieve net-zero in communities across Canada through an equity lens.
The range of program topics is intended to highlight the need to integrate equity and inclusion into action on climate change mitigation and adaptation. The program will overlap and interconnect these themes as they are weaved throughout two days of content.
- ✔ Learn from Canadian and international experts about the impacts of climate change and how adaptation and low carbon resilience can shape communities.
- ✔ Explore the beauty of Victoria and the surrounding area through study tours, and see how it has become a leading city in sustainable design and climate action.
- ✔ Network with climate leaders and innovators by sharing experience, strategies, and lessons learned in advancing low carbon community resilience.
The 2022 Livable Cities Forum program offers perspectives from more than 80 speakers, facilitators, workshop hosts, and panelists from across Canada. They will share stories, innovative ideas, and lessons learned on the program themes and engage in thoughtful, valuable dialogue with delegates. Meet some of our speakers:
- Lisa Helps, Mayor, City of Victoria
- Farhaan Ladhani, CEO and Co-Founder, Digital Public Square
- Don Iveson, Executive Advisor, Climate Investing and Community Resilience, Co-operators
- Megan Meaney, Executive Director, ICLEI Canada