It is critical that we understand the vulnerabilities of our local natural and human systems, and develop effective and efficient strategies and actions to increase the resiliency of priority systems. The tools needed are...(more)
Sixth World Water Forum: "Solutions for Water"
Every three years since 1997, the World Water Forum mobilizes creativity, innovation, competence and know-how in favor of water. It gathers stakeholders around today’s local, regional and global issues that cannot be undertaken without all stakeholders into a common framework of goals and concrete targets to reach.
The goal of the 6th World Water Forum is to tackle the challenges our world is facing and to bring water high on all political agendas. There will be no sustainable development while the water issues remain unsolved. Everywhere on the planet, for all and everyone, the Right to Water (recognized by 189 states at the UN one year ago) must be guaranteed and implemented
This is our first priority. But in total, our thematic process commission has developed 12 priorities to work as well as 3 conditions of success. Our regional process commission has also defined priorities and targets for Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and 2 cross continental regions.
The 6th World Water Forum innovates with:
- A Platform of solutions, to last beyond 2012, for all to consult and contribute to.
- A roadmap to achieve concrete commitments, involving experts and decision-makers from different sectors and regions of the world.
- A new commission, “Grassroots & Citizenship”, to involve and mobilize civil society.
- A strengthening of the political process especially through significant contributions and commitments from parliamentarians and local and regional authorities from around the world.
- Debates on sensitive issues.
One week of discussions, hot debates, solutions and best practice sharing in order to achieve concrete solutions and commitments for the cause of water. The Forum is open to all who want to contribute and participate in the resolution of global water challenges!