CalBRACE Project Coordinator - CA Dept of Public Health Office of Health Equity
This position supports the California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) mission and strategic plan by promoting equitable social, economic, and environmental conditions to achieve optimal health, mental health, and well-being for all through climate change-related activities.
Based in the vibrant, diverse San Francisco Bay Area, the Health Program Specialist I (HPS I) CalBRACE Project Coordinator position is an opportunity for meaningful contribution to advancing health and racial equity through action to address the greatest health challenge of the 21st Century: climate change. Put your lived expertise and passion for climate justice to work with a team that appreciates your unique contributions. We are a team that works hard, supports each other, and strives to build a culture of racial equity, care, and transparent participation in decisions that affect the work.
The HPS I works under the direction of the Health Program Manager I (HPM I), Chief of the Climate Change Local Assistance Unit (CCLAU) within the Climate Change and Health Equity Section (CCHES) of the Office of Health Equity (OHE). The HPS I is a highly skilled technical program consultant that coordinates the California Building Resilience Against Climate Effects (CalBRACE) Project of CCHES in consultation with management and others. The HPS I coordinates activities to identify, prevent, and reduce the health and equity impacts of climate change, including program planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting; communications; stakeholder engagement; interpretation of research and data; training; and contract and budget management.
This position is 100% telework, with the option to go into the office. Up to 5% travel may be required.
In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Commitment to advancing racial equity, health equity, climate and economic justice, diversity, and inclusion in approach, processes, policies, and deliverables
- Commitment to serve vulnerable communities
- Experience advancing health equity through policy change
- Program coordination experience
- Experience with climate change policy
- Experience engaging diverse communities
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, while performing a wide array of complex work independently
- Ability to develop and manage professional relationships
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize office systems and computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with budgeting and contracting/procurement
- Proactive and motivated
- A professional, courteous, and positive demeanor
Complete Application Packages (including your Examination/Employment Application (STD 678) and applicable or required documents) must be submitted to apply for this Job Posting. Application Packages may be submitted electronically through your CalCareer Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. When submitting your application in hard copy, a completed copy of the Application Package listing must be included.
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov.
- All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is required and must be included
- Statement of Qualifications