Resilience Planner - Dewberry
Location: Fairfax, VA
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking an Entry Level Resilience Planner to join our Resilience Solution Group in Fairfax, VA. This position will support the Resilience Solutions Group (RSG) and the Integrated Resilience Solutions (IRS) Branch with building capabilities, and winning and executing projects, related to Community Resilience and other related service lines. The incumbent will support a variety of tasks related to resilience planning: hazard mitigation planning, community outreach and engagement, research, report development, presentations and/or decision support applications. Related areas of technical focus for this position include but are not limited to: climate change adaptation, sea level rise, extreme heat, forecasting, demographic and economic analysis, research and planning primarily related to Federal agencies (FEMA/FIMA, USGS, NOAA, EPA and US F&WS), Cooperating Technical Partners, and local communities.
- Performs analysis of large datasets using ArcGIS and other related software. Visualizes results for presentation.
- Prepares studies, reports and other technical documentation and guidance documents.
- Develops and conducts outreach for community resilience projects.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of technical principles related to resilience to projects.
- Represents Dewberry in meetings with clients to resolve complex issues and to plan and coordinate work.
- Represents Dewberry at professional conferences, and meetings, presenting results of work within Dewberry, when appropriate.
- Assists Project Managers with the development of technical and business proposals for new projects;
- Works on other related projects within RSG/IRS in order to acquire supplementary technical and programmatic knowledge/skills.