Youth Program Coordinator - People’s Climate Innovation Center
Start date: October 2022
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
This role will provide program, operations and admin support to the Young Black Climate Leaders (YBCL) and Young Climate Leaders of Color (YCLC) programs and team members. This position presents new and ongoing challenges to develop innovative solutions for on a daily basis, interfaces and connects with participants across the Young Climate Leaders’ cohorts, provides programmatic support and implementation, and works with external vendors and contractors to meet strategic objectives and build strong internal systems. This position supports the direction of PCIC’s programs and the advancement of the field of practice in innovative ways. The Youth Program Coordinator will report to the Program Manager, and will support the PCIC Staff Team.
Program Coordination and Support (60%)
- Work with the Program Manager and team to develop and implement curriculum and training for the YCLC and YBCL cohorts.
- Provide support and coordination for the YCLC and YBCL programs through planning, outreach, recruitment, mentorship management, events, building strong relationships with participants, and other programmatic needs.
- Work with the Operations team to track contracts, payments and any other relevant AP and AR.
- Provide administrative and program support functions that include scheduling and technical support for meetings, researching external vendors and contractors to meet project objectives and coordinating via internal systems.
- Provide financial documentation including payment requests, invoicing, reporting, filing and archives, and credit card receipt gathering for PEX cards to Operations team.
- Support Program Manager and Operations team to maintain income and expense tracking for youth programs including updating the contractor database, expense tracking, and proper coding to expense categories for reporting.
- Work with Learning and Data Manager to support reflection and evaluation processes as needed across programs.
Event Planning & Production (25%)
- Provide technical support, note taking, and other duties during webinars and monthly team meetings upon request and availability.
- Support Program Manager with vendors on event-related matters.
- Support Program Manager and Director of Programs in producing multi day, 20+ participant program events i.e. providing support in identifying and booking off-site program event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, note-taking/documentation, and technical support etc.
- Liaison with outside contractors for event production as needed.
Media & Communications Support (10%)
- Provide support in external communications to external members and partners pertaining to contracts, vendor needs, progress updates, deliverables, deadlines etc.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to provide clear lines of communication between partners, advisors, young people and PCIC team.
- At least two years of relevant experience, previous experience working with young people preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to switch between detail-intensive data processing and relationship-based interaction with ease.
- Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to handle diverse challenges with a calm demeanor and positive outlook and be oriented towards excellence in service.
- Computer skills: Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, virtual meeting platforms (Zoom).
- Dedication to social justice and systems change.
- Innovation, creativity and proactive problem-solving orientation.
- An orientation towards learning and development; willing to learn from mistakes, receive feedback, and give feedback to others.
- Not required but a plus: experienced with database management, social media tools, graphic formatting skills, and copy editing.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled with a hoped for start date in October 2022.