Kresge Grantees and Practitioners Workshop on Climate Change Adaptation
Practitioners Conference on Climate Change Adaptation: Integrated Strategies for Human and Natural Communities
February 7-9, 2012
- Elicit experience-based progress and challenges from Kresge grantees and others engaged in developing and implementing adaptation plans for natural and/or built human communities.
- Explore strategies for propagating successful, integrated climate change adaptation efforts.
- Share information and communicate ideas for emerging adaptation groups and portals such as CAKE and the American Society for Adaptation Practitioners (ASAP).
Relevant Threaded Discussions:
- What does successful adaptation look like? Discuss here!
- Synthesis of Kresge Grantee Meeting- Comment on all the trending topcis from the meeting here!
- DataBasin, created by the Conservation Biology Institute, is an online system that connects users with spatical data sets, tools, and expertise.
- Decision Theather, a research facility and decision lab with ASU, enables stakeholders to look across and within complex systems and supports decision makers as they gain consensus and make more informed decisions.
- The Climate Adaptation Knowledge Exchange, CAKE, created in partnership with EcoAdapt and Island Press.
Read Climate Adaptation as an Evolutionary Process: A White Paper published on April 6, 2012. This report summarizes the finding of this meeting.
If you have any questions or additions for the page please email Jessica Hitt, CAKE Content Editor, at Jessica@EcoAdapt.org