Call for abstract contributions for the IMPACT conference
The International Conference on Managing Protected Areas under Climate Change (IMPACT) will be held in Dresden, Germany on September 24th-26th 2012. IMPACT sets out to meet the growing need for sharing knowledge and experiences in the field of biodiversity conservation and climate change. Taking a transdisciplinary perspective, the aim of the conference is to bring together researchers, conservation managers and decision-makers in the field of nature conservation. It provides a platform for dialogue to develop a better understanding of the complex impacts of climate change on biodiversity on local level and the means to adapt management in protected areas accordingly. We anticipate 150 international participants to enjoy two days of technical sessions, workshops, poster exhibits and social activities, and one day of excursions.
Abstract submission:You are invited to submit an abstract for an oral presentation or a poster of up to 400 words. Abstracts must be related to the conference topics, written in English, and report methods and results regarding the following topics:
- Assessing sensitivity
- Modelling of climate-induced impacts
- Management practices
- Monitoring of climate-induced impacts
- Awareness raising communication and stakeholder involvement
- Managing the unknown/Decision Support
- Legal aspects and policy recommendations
- Climate change impacts on species and invasive species
Publication:All accepted abstracts will be include in the conference proceedings that will be handed out with the conference materials. We kindly ask the authors of accepted abstracts to allow us to present their contribution at the conference website, too.
- Abstracts Deadline - 27 April 2012
- Notice of Abstract Acceptance (by e-mail) - 29 June 2012