You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
The management of Delaware’s coastal resources is shared by a number of entities within the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control. Among them are the Delaware Coastal Management Program and the Delaware National Estuarine Research Reserve (DNERR). These programs help to preserve, protect, develop and enhance the state’s coastal resources and resolve conflicts related to coastal zone issues.
Specifically, the Delaware Coastal Management Program:
- Manages coastal resources through innovative research projects, education and grant programs, and policy development
- Administers the Coastal Zone Federal Consistency Certification program
- Provides special area management planning
- Provides assistance to state and local governments for local land use planning
- Offers other special on-the-ground projects related to Delaware's coastal resources
- Offers technical assistance to communities interested in restoring open space as natural habitat