The Heros Journey: Climate Adaptation and Creative Non-Fiction Writing
In episode 58 of America Adapts, Doug Parsons talks with author and lecturer Elizabeth Rush, of Brown University. Elizabeth is the author of the upcoming book, Rising – Dispatches from the New American Shore. Topics discussed in this episode:
- What is ‘creative non-fiction.’
- Elizabeth explains how humans have or don’t have the emotional resilience to respond to climate change
- Writing “adaptation metaphors.”
- Narrative devices like “The Hero’s Journey” to make climate change resonate.
- The emerging role of Cli- Fi, climate science fiction.
- And much more!