The Heros Journey: Climate Adaptation and Creative Non-Fiction WritingPublished: January 30, 2018 New!
In episode 58 of America Adapts, Doug Parsons talks with author and lecturer Elizabeth Rush, of Brown University. Elizabeth is the author of the upcoming book, Rising – Dispatches from the New American Shore. Topics discussed in this episode:
- What is ‘creative non-fiction.’
- Elizabeth explains how humans have or don’t have the emotional resilience to respond to climate change
- Writing “adaptation metaphors.”
- Narrative devices like “The Hero’s Journey” to make climate change resonate.
- The emerging role of Cli- Fi, climate science fiction.
- And much more!