C40 is a global network of nearly 100 mayors of the world’s leading cities that are united in action to confront the climate crisis.
Mayors of C40 cities are committed to using an inclusive, science-based and collaborative approach to cut their fair share of emissions in half by 2030, help the world limit global heating to 1.5°C, and build healthy, equitable and resilient communities. C40 supports mayors to do this by:
- Raising climate ambition through 1.5°C climate action plan support, high-impact accelerators and fostering innovation.
- Building equitable and thriving communities via global and regional programmes.
- Building a global movement through robust international advocacy and diplomacy.
- Scaling up climate action and sharing best practices across high-impact sectors.
- Facilitating access to finance for investment in green jobs and projects that improve resilience in cities.