Jon Marshall is a Web and multimedia guru with 20 years of natural resource public affairs, information and education experience.
He has campaigned in government conservation agency trenches…
- Leading public hearings on divisive issues
- Teaching in the classroom and in the field
- Reaching out to reporters and partner organizations
- Collecting biological data
- Directing video and multimedia productions
- Writing news releases and research reports
- Executing major public events
- Conducting hikes and tours
- Appearing on radio and television as official spokesperson and personality
- Designing and programming Web sites and interactive applications
With a bias for action, Jon helps conservation organizations plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and adapt communication strategies and tactics.
Jon launched his career with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources where he supervised public relations and education functions for the Division of Fish and Wildlife. He extended reach of the agency's conservation messages by establishing strong, integrity-based relationships with reporters and conservation leaders.
Though he focuses on Web-based solutions, Jon's approach to communication is decidedly multi-disciplinary, drawing on his diverse, on-the-ground experience and strategic methodology.
Jon holds a bachelor's in journalism with a minor in biology, and a master's degree in media arts and sciences from Indiana University.