2021 AAAS Annual Meeting
Theme: UNDERSTANDING DYNAMIC ECOSYSTEMS
We are embedded in a variety of ecosystems, including the environments that we inhabit and the many social systems in which we live and work. Finding ways of maintaining the stable balance of these ecosystems in the face of rapidly changing circumstances is critical for our advancement. Drawing on a multitude of scientific perspectives, this Annual Meeting seeks to feature diverse ways of understanding the complexities and dynamics of biological, physical, social, and economic systems across scales, as well as strengthening and activating new connections to address underlying problems in various spheres. These challenges facing contemporary society will provide the opportunity to creatively harness science, engineering, technology, and policy to promote sustainable change.
Research topics which may be addressed include:
- Toxins and pollution remediation
- Artificial intelligence, robotics, nanotechnology, and human-machine interface applications
- Modeling—traditional methods to quantum computing Weathering extreme climate and geological changes
- Genetic engineering challenges
- Social ecosystems
- Systems of interaction and community-building both in-person and virtually
- Invasive species
To ensure the safety of program participants, volunteers, and AAAS staff, the 2021 Annual Meeting will convene entirely online, February 8-11.