American Geophysical Union (AGU) Annual Meeting 2023
For more than 100 years AGU has been opening science—opening pathways to discovery, opening greater awareness to address climate change, opening greater collaborations to lead to solutions and opening the fields and professions of science to a whole new age of justice equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
This year, as we convene >25,000 attendees from 100+ countries in San Francisco for AGU23, our theme is: Wide. Open. Science. 2023 might be the official year of Open Science but we also see it as an opportunity to affirm AGU’s overarching values and beliefs. It is a message for all of us to carry as we come together to share, inspire, collaborate, engage and most of all rededicate ourselves as a united community grounded in wide open science.
AGU is looking to foster collaboration in a hybrid model aimed at capitalizing on both in-person and virtual participation. We welcome a diverse community of scientists, students, journalists, policymakers, educators and organizations who are working toward a world where scientific discovery leads to scientific solutions, and where our global collaborations and partnerships can carry us into a sustainable future. We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco or online everywhere.
AGU is committed to its AGU23 theme of Wide. Open. Science. by:
- Making Earth and space data and scientific advancement more accessible, interoperable, and impactful.
- Expanding scientific collaborations across disciplines and geographic barriers in the Earth and space sciences and beyond.
- Discussing ways that Earth and space scientists can be leaders in the preservation, sharing, and attribution of datasets and software ensuring proper credit and driving innovation.
Abstracts should focus on scientific results, enabling Earth and space science or its application, and/or the contribution of Earth and space science to society.
General abstract submissions are closed. Abstract submissions are still open for the Late-Breaking/Trending Sessions for AGU23.
Registration will open on 22 August 2023. At that time you will be able to register for the meeting and reserve housing, if you plan to attend in person. All attendees must create and AGU account to access the registration and housing site.
- Attendees are encouraged to register for the meeting by 2 November (23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT) to take advantage of the early bird registration rates offered.
- All attendees, including presenters and conveners, must register for AGU23 to participate in the meeting.
- Join AGU or renew your membership by 2 November (23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT) to take advantage of early bird member rates.
- Review the registration policies prior to registering for the meeting.