2023 Native Youth Climate Adaptation and Leadership Congress (NYCALC)
Join students from across the country to discuss community adaptation and related environmental issues impacting Native peoples. The mission of the Native Youth Climate Adaptation Leadership Congress (NYCALC) is to develop future conservation leaders with the skills, knowledge, and tools to address environmental change and conservation challenges to better serve their schools and home communities.
2023 Dates: June 25 - July 1, 2023
- Provide a unique, meaningful, and inclusive experience in a safe learning environment for all participants
- Provide training for Native youth, Jr. Faculty, community mentors, and conservation professionals (conservation, leadership)
- Increase awareness of environmental issues
- Motivate and inspire ownership and empowerment related to the future well-being of their tribe and community
- Cultivate and nurture emerging youth leaders
- Learn from each other and their respective cultures
- Empower communities to implement or continue existing programs via mini-grant opportunities
- Make personal and professional lifetime connections
- Broaden the awareness of the roles and responsibilities of conservation agencies and organizations
- Improve federal employee and Native leadership cultural competencies and relationships through training
In order to apply, students must be from Federally Recognized Tribes. The deadline to apply is February 28, 2023.