Adaptation Expert, Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS)
The Adaption Expert assists with and supports several portfolios, drafting reports and talking points related to climate change adaptation, for U.S. Government agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the climate adaptation portfolio including the implementation of the Executive Order on Climate Resilience International Development; the adaptation pillar of the Brazil Climate Change Working Group, and of the Office’s disaster risk reduction equities.
- Provides support for certain aspects of the OES/EGC adaptation portfolio, including the U.S.- funded international climate adaptation networks and advising OES/EGC officials on funding proposals for multilateral climate adaptation funds.
- Assisting with regional bilateral portfolios, including the Small Island Developing States portfolio. Drafting reports and talking points related to climate change adaptation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Able to possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills and the ability to write clearly and succinctly under time pressure in a large range of formats.
- He or she must have strong organizational skills and must pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadline. Ability to learn quickly the complex organizational structure of the Office of Global Change and its relationships with the Office of the Special Envoy for Climate change.
Work will be performed primarily in a climate controlled office environment
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com