Advocacy and Training Associate - Loss and Damage Youth Coalition
Loss and Damage Youth Coalition (LDYC) is a global partnership between youth from the global north and south with a mission to drive action on loss and damage from climate change. LDYC is hiring for two full-time contract positions: an Advocacy and Training Associate, and a Communications and Storytelling Associate.
The focus of this role is to support our work in loss and damage advocacy, training, and partnerships, ultimately creating and implementing successful loss and damage campaigns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (though it doesn’t need to be perfect). Other languages are an asset.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Some experience in climate change and/or social justice campaigning, advocacy, coordination, organizing, research, and/or writing.
- Ability to work well with others. Experience managing volunteers and facilitating meetings is an asset.
- Proficiency with tools for working online (e.g. Slack, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides/Drive, Email, Social media). Basic design skills (e.g. Canva) are an asset.
- Understanding of and commitment to LDYC’s mission and objectives.
- Aged 35 or under.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week from July 2021 to January 2022.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time contract positions for 40 hours per week and run for six months from July 2021 to January 2022. The positions are remote and residents of any country are eligible to apply. We are looking to hire youth who are aged 35 or under for these positions.
How to Apply
Please see the link below for the full job description, requirements and to apply. The deadline to apply is Saturday, July 10th, 2021.