Associate Mediator/Facilitator - Consensus Building Institute
CBI Associates are highly motivated early career practitioner with training in relevant fields and collaboration practices who are interested in building a career in the field of consensus building and public dispute resolution. We are looking for someone who is eager to work for at least two years at CBI, and potentially much longer – CBI offers advancement along a career pathway for skilled, dedicated, and effective staff. Associates work with multiple senior staff on a large range of projects domestically and internationally, with a strong focus on natural resources, water, and land use. Expected tasks include:
- Prepare conflict assessments (protocol development, interviewing, analysis, writing assessment, background research, preparing assessment presentations)
- Support facilitation and mediation projects (produce meeting summaries, conduct background research, draft communications with stakeholders, assist at public meetings, facilitate small groups, provide other administrative and organizational support for collaboratives)
- Develop training curriculum and support training delivery (interviewing, simulation and case study drafting, assist in conducting trainings)
- Conduct research and evaluation projects (survey development, interviewing, analysis, writing)
- Assist with internal projects (drafting content for CBI’s web page and marketing materials)
- Support practice development (identify emerging issues, stakeholders and conveners, research funders, draft funding proposals)
- Write articles and blogs for CBI Reports and other newsletters and journals
- Participate in professional organizations (e.g. ACR) and conferences
- Post-pandemic, travel is required, usually 1-2 days per week.
This position is located in Northern California. PLEASE APPLY BY JUNE 24
Read the full job description and application requirements here.