Call for Experts - Climate Change, Environment, Resilience and Sustainability
Asia, Central America / Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa, United Kingdom
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objective of the Programme
DAI Europe is preparing for multiple DFID funded programmes focussing on climate change, environment, resilience and sustainability. The programmes are a mix of regional and country specific projects within Central, South and South East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and South America.
Key thematic areas include, but are not exclusive of:
- Climate adaptation, Climate resilience
- Transboundary climate management, Transboundary environment management, Transboundary water management, Shared landscapes
- Natural resource management
- Climate change policy and agreements at international, national and subnational levels,
- Climate resilience investment, Green finance
- Advocacy / community capacity building in the climate space, Community resilience
- Weather and Climate information systems, and forecasting
- Low-carbon development, greenhouse gases reduction
- Energy – off grid and on grid
- Renewable energy
- Land use management, Food system management
Roles and Skill-Sets
- Team Leadership and management of large complex donor-funded programmes
- Research and Policy Advisors
- Experts / consultants in the areas and themes aforementioned
- Experience of implementing either country or regional donor-funded projects, with experience of working in Sub-Sahara Africa, Central, South and South East Asia or South America.
- Proficient in English language, spoken and written, dual language desirable
- Master’s degree in relevant areas including: Climate change, environment and sustainability.
Programme Start Date:
31st May 2020