Clean Energy Policy Manager – Climate Solutions
Climate Solutions is focused on accelerating a swift and equitable transition to 100% clean energy, working in three key areas- buildings, transportation, and electricity. The Clean Energy Program Manager is a new position responsible for leading Climate Solutions work in Oregon on an equitable clean energy transition. This role will have a primary focus in regulatory spaces like the Public Utility Commission to implement Oregon’s new laws transitioning to 100% clean electricity and increasing clean energy opportunities and climate-resilient communities. The team member will drive our work to pass and implement cutting-edge policies at the state, local, regulatory, and utility levels, working closely with other Climate Solutions staff and a broad set of partners.
As a Northwest-based nonprofit, Climate Solutions' mission is to accelerate clean energy solutions to the climate crisis. Since 1998, Climate Solutions has the vision of a thriving, equitable Northwest, powered by clean energy, inspiring the transition to sustainable prosperity across the country and beyond. Climate Solutions advances local, regional, and state action on climate and clean energy through championing transformational policies and market-based innovations; catalyzing powerful partnerships and a diverse movement for action and accountability; and communicating a bold vision for solutions at the scale required by climate science.
- Collaborate with other Climate Solutions programs and partner organizations to develop and advance equitable and just policy goals, including research and outreach to subject matter experts, community experts, and other stakeholders to further inform the organization’s policy positions.
- Draft materials to support policy and regulatory efforts, including formal comment letters, testimony, and regulatory and legislative proposals.
- Research, analyze, and prepare campaign and communications materials, including factsheets, briefings, analyses, and blog posts, as assigned, in collaboration with other Climate Solutions team members.
- Develop long-term, accountable relationships and inclusive strategies by collaborating with diverse stakeholders, including community of color-led organizations, environmental justice partners, and others who have knowledge of communities’ lived experience of climate impacts and priorities.
- Collaborate and create inclusive coalitions with stakeholders, partners, and potential allies to navigate regulatory proceedings, including the Public Utility Commission, as well as support passage of climate and clean energy policies at the local, utility, regulatory and state levels.
- Represent Climate Solutions among its stakeholders, local and state elected officials, business, and opinion leaders, including doing public presentations, participating in public forums, and testifying at hearings.
- Lead and track Climate Solutions’ engagement in multiple policy and campaign activities, managing calendars, deadlines and participation from other staff and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a high level of expertise and credibility in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participate in Climate Solutions staff meetings, trainings, racial equity conversations, and team meetings. Lead or coordinate meetings when appropriate.
- Incorporate Climate Solutions’ Equity, Diversity and Inclusion commitments, Commitment to Leading our Work with a Racial Equity Lens, and Climate Solutions’ values into all aspects of the job.
- Meet staff reporting deadlines for program, development, and administrative tasks.
- Additional duties may be assigned within the course of the work.
- Three years of experience working in regulatory, advocacy or policy spaces, with a preference for experience advancing clean energy policy and/or regulatory outcomes.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, at least one of the following: state or local politics or legislative, utility, or regulatory processes.
- A demonstrated commitment to racial justice and the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our systems. A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture.
Compensation & Benefits
The minimum salary is $68,000 with the potential for a higher salary based on previous experience. We also offer generous benefits, including medical, dental, six weeks of paid leave (accrued annually), flexible holidays, and retirement.
How to Apply
Please see the link below for the full job description, requirements and to apply.