Climate Action Analyst
The Climate Action Analyst is responsible for coordinating the Capital Regional District’s corporate climate action program. The incumbent, will partner with staff across the CRD to meet the CRD’s corporate climate action objectives with an internal focus of corporate operations and infrastructure. The Climate Action Analyst will be responsible for promoting and assisting with implementing internal projects to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, obtain energy and cost savings and/or improve the resiliency of CRD owned assets and infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops and provides guidance on initiatives to address the CRD’s corporate GHG emissions reduction target.
• Support the organization to incorporate climate action into service delivery.
• Promotes and assists with implementing internal projects to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, obtain energy and cost savings and/or improve the resiliency of CRD owned assets and infrastructure.
• Assists with the development of policy framework for the CRD’s corporate climate action program including engaging in internal stakeholder consultations.
• Assists with the development and advocacy for a CRD Corporate Adaptation Strategy.
• Identifies and initiates an implementation strategy to meet emission reduction targets.
• Liaises with and works collaboratively with internal stakeholders, identifies climate related risk and acceptable parameters with respect to CRD’s services and associated infrastructure.
• Liaises with and provides technical expertise, advice and recommendations to CRD departments to influence and incorporate a climate lens review process.
• Identifies opportunities for grants or external funding sources to support planning and implementation of Corporate Climate Action initiatives. Prepares grant applications.
• Coordinates the organizational response to the Provincial CARIP grant and GHG accounting requirements. • Researches, develops and prepares presentations and reports.
• Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
• Performs other related duties as required.