Climate Adaptation Expert
Eastern Research Group, Inc. - Oakland, CA
ERG is a nationally recognized environmental consulting firm. With offices across the country, we serve a spectrum of clients including federal agencies, state and local governments, international and non-governmental organizations. We are seeking an individual to work in our Oakland, CA office.
ERG has an immediate opening for an environmental planner/scientist/analyst to provide technical and communications support for local, regional and state climate action and adaptation plans and strategies. Tasks include performing research, developing data sets, conducting analyses and writing technical reports and plans related to climate resilience/sustainability/adaptation with a focus on shoreline and infrastructure. These tasks involve bridging between environmental science and other fields (e.g., urban planning, environmental policy). Our ideal candidate is passionate about working with various levels of government and local communities to increase resilience to a range of climate stressors, including sea level rise, extreme heat and drought, wildfires, and flash flooding.
- Research and synthesize available data to inform baseline and projected conditions, and develop research methodologies as needed
- Conduct climate vulnerability assessments for a range of climate risks
- Develop adaptation strategies for assets such as shorelines and critical infrastructure including transportation infrastructure
- Draft technical memoranda, recommended policies/ordinances, adaptation strategies and plans
- Assist with writing proposals
- Assist with stakeholder outreach, including presenting information at community meetings