Climate Adaptation Intern
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Climate Adaptation Intern to support WWF Climate Crowd, a crowdsourcing initiative that convenes and supports a network of partners to gather data on how climate change is impacting people and nature, and supports on-the-ground projects that help rural communities adapt while reducing pressure on biodiversity.
Responsibilities will include:
1) conducting qualitative data analysis of Climate Crowd interviews;
2) reviewing scientific literature to complement results of data analysis;
3) compiling two-page summary reports highlighting the primary impacts on livelihoods, coping responses, and impacts to biodiversity;
4) assisting with various communications including content for newsletters, web stories, etc.
Other responsibilities will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Minimum of 20 hours per week
- Knowledge of climate change, international development and/or ecology
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Proficient in Excel
- Basic knowledge of data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of spanish a plus, but not required