Climate Adaptation Leadership Awards for Natural Resources - Nominations Open
The Climate Adaptation Leadership Awards for Natural Resources is seeking nominations for the 2019 Award cycle! The Award recognizes the outstanding and exemplary leadership by individuals, agencies, businesses, students, and youth to reduce effects and advance adaptation of the Nation's vital natural resources in a changing world.
- Nominations will be accepted for the following categories:
- Federal government
- State or local government
- Tribal government
- Other organizations (such as industry, academic, non-governmental, etc.)
- Broad partnerships (co-led efforts)
- Individual leadership
- Student leadership (for groups or individuals enrolled in college or university)
- Youth leadership (for groups or individuals up to 18 years old)
Nominations will be accepted until Saturday, May 18th. Individuals, groups, organizations, and government agencies are eligible to apply. Up to eight Awards will be announced in September during the AFWA Annual Meeting in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Since 2016, Award recipients have been recognized for their outstanding efforts in resource management, science, education, training, and other goals of the National Fish, Wildlife, and Plants Climate Adaptation Strategy. Learn more about past winners: 2016 | 2017 | 2018