Climate Adaptation Scientists of Tomorrow Program
Deadline: Monday, December 20, 2021 by 5:00 PM EST
Program Dates: April 2022 - October 2023
- Auburn University
- Louisiana State University
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
Description: To advance climate adaptation science and increase diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEM fields, the Climate Adaptation Scientists of Tomorrow Program brings undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty together with CASC partners to cultivate the next generation of climate scientists.
The global climate is changing rapidly, already impacting both human and natural systems. Over the next few decades, changes in temperature, precipitation, and climatic variability are expected to drive even more change. As impacts become more pervasive, human and natural systems will accelerate adaptation. To face these challenges, the world needs a diverse group of leaders versed in the challenges of climate adaptation, aware of the multi-disciplinary nature of impacts, representative of the nation, capable of strong communication, and interested in policy-relevant science.
- Increase Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
- Cultivate the next generation of climate scientists
- Foster climate science programs at Minority Serving Institutions (Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Tribal College and Universities, Hispanic-Serving Institutions, Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institutions)
For questions about the program and partnerships, please contact Olivia LeDee (email@example.com)
For questions or problems with the application, please contact Hugh Ratcliffe (firstname.lastname@example.org)