Climate Change Division Technical Support Consultant
Inter-American Development Bank - Washington, DC
Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is the main source of multilateral financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing member countries.
The IDB’s Climate Change Division’s (CCS) demand for support in private and public-sector projects has grown steadily in recent years, particularly related to the operational and investment needs of the IDB Group (IDB, IDB Invest and IDB Lab) on mitigation and adaptation projects.
The IDB, as one of the multilaterals in charge of managing external trust funds, has the goal of doubling the volume of its climate-related financing by 2020. To increase investments in adaptation, particularly for countries within the region that are most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change, the Bank also committed to screen all relevant projects for climate risks and resilience starting in 2018.
According to this mandate and in order to maintain an open dialogue within the Bank and with its donors, the Bank seeks to hire an Operations Consultant to provide technical and administrative support for project identification, execution, monitoring and reporting of operations according to the recent guidelines derived from the convention on climate change.
The Climate Change Division partner up with participants within the IDB Group and across key public and private institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean to mobilize resources, generate and disseminate knowledge, and help build organizations to achieve low-carbon and climate-resilient development.
- Provide technical, operational, logistical and administrative support in the activities related to the development, monitoring and reporting of strategic matters, budget, contracting, events and human resources plans and actions.
- Provide technical and administrative support to Sector Lead Specialists and other staff members in the execution and Coordination of activities related to CIF, CIPs, GCF, ACL, and UKSIP projects.
- The coordination and implementation of the division’s strategic work plan, as well as its knowledge and communications programs.
- Lead the preparation of Project Completion Reports and Project Monitoring reports for the Climate Change Division’s projects, to ensure quality, consistency and alignment with defined guidelines and standards.
- Prepare terms of reference for the selection processes of firms and individuals and collaborate in the preparation and processing of procurement bidding documents, ensuring compliance with IDB’s policies and alignment of project activities with procurement and annual operating plans.
- Guide team members on how and where to obtain knowledge and information to resolve inquiries about policies, procedures and systems, and provides helpful advice on their interpretations.
- Provide technical advice to the Climate Principal Specialist and the team in managing the budget, operations, procurement processes, events and the technical contents of the project documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with operational and administrative procedures.
- Other activities as required by the Climate Change Principal Specialist.