Climate Finance Campaigner, Stand.earth
Stand.earth is hiring a temporary climate finance campaigner to join our team, to coordinate our work challenging Canadian banks to stop financing the climate crisis. We are working with a network of allied organizations to force our banks to phase down funding of coal, oil and gas companies that violate Indigenous rights and to step up investments in just and equitable climate solutions including renewables. If you love challenging corporate power and up for a battle in the halls of power and money, then read on! This is a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension into a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the Climate Finance Director, the Climate Finance Campaigner will work closely with the Director and other team members to advance our climate finance campaign strategy in Canada, focused on Canadian banks. This position will implement campaign strategy, communicate through traditional and digital channels with key audiences, coordinate with allies and partners and play a central role in movement building with frontline community organizations. The Climate Finance Campaigner will also work closely with our communication and digital teams, and must have a strong interest and commitment to Stand.earth's values including our work to decolonize and further our Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion programme and organizational goals.
Stand.earth is a safe and inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are from a marginalized or underrepresented identity particularly in the Climate Finance movement. Some candidates may see a long list of job requirements and feel discouraged because they don't match every single bullet point - we suggest, please apply anyway. If you believe this is a role you will be excited to work in everyday and you want to be a part of a culture like ours and will be excited about personal and professional growth, please apply.
BIPOC staff are available for conversations on team culture and experiences working on this team.
This is a full time, 6-month contract position to cover a medical leave with the possibility of extension. Salary is commensurate with experience and adjusted based on location, but will be within the range of $67,275 to $87,750 CAD. Stand.earth offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including excellent health and dental insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation in the first year (increases in future years), 20 paid holidays, 4.5-day work week, and a 3-month paid sabbatical after 7 years continuous full-time employment. We also encourage employees to make use of our mindfulness sessions and professional development training opportunities that we offer. This position will ideally be based in Vancouver (where we have a hub office) or Toronto (where we have a growing number of staff). Remote locations in Canada will be considered.
- Coordinate, along with the rest of the Stand.earth team, our campaign to expose Canadian banks' significant investments in fossil fuel companies, mobilizing people power to drive action by the banks including divestment and reinvestment in climate solutions
- Collaborate with team members in building effective local leadership through multiracial and multigenerational coalition building with NGO partners and communities.
- Manage relationships with partner organizations and coordinate relevant and complementary activities and tactics across Canada
- Serve as one of Stand.earth's spokespeople on the Climate Finance campaign in Canada for media and contribute to the development of campaign communications strategies and supporting materials
- Outreach to corporate clients and institutional investors of banks in order to ramp up pressure for management to change
- Contribute to the development of online and offline organizing tactics that support and achieve the campaign's goals and objectives
- Contribute to communications strategies and tactics that engage our online community, build our base, pressure key decision makers and get noticed in the media
- Experience designing, working on and driving effective environmental and/or social justice campaigns
- Experience with multiracial movement building, including supporting BIPOC-lead organizing and centering Indigenous and other frontline communities in campaigns
- Proven ability to engage decision makers at institutions, companies and/or governments
- Experience with stakeholder management and developing strong relationships with partner organizations
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Highly organized, flexible, creative, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Independent, driven, and self-motivated
- Digital and media savvy - familiar enough with the Canadian climate and corporate campaigning landscape to identify rapid response opportunities and propose smart digital and media tactics to respond to these moments
Please apply with a cover letter and resume after seeing the full scope of work: