Climate Justice Program Lead
Reporting to the Campaign Director, the Climate Justice Lead will advance the climate justice program as a part of We Make This City -- the Partnership’s campaign to win the systems and structures people need to live full and healthy lives. The primary roles for this position include:
- Network Organizing
- Convene affiliates running clean energy campaigns to build a connected and collaborative space that advances local campaigns and builds our collective power.
- Identify concrete projects that will both advance local campaigns and disseminate effective policy and organizing models.
- Create opportunities to increase affiliate capacity by providing strategic support that could include coaching, research, strategy development, etc.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with each affiliate and a deep understanding of their campaign goals and strategies.
- Program Development
- Coordinate with the We Make This City team to align clean energy campaigns with the broad campaign vision, goals and strategies.
- Serve as a powerful, inspiring public voice for the network’s vision and represent the work of the network at events, policy meetings, public meetings, and 1-1 meetings.
- Build partnerships with movement allies and identify opportunities for collaboration/coordination that strengthens local campaigns.
- Collaborate with the broader staff team in solidifying and incorporating the network’s shared climate justice analysis across programs.
- Support the Communications Director in executing a communications plan that delivers a shared narrative and message about our clean energy campaigns.