Climate Justice Program Manager - The New Florida Majority
Employment Type: Full-Time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting power and political influence of marginalized and excluded communities toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
We train residents to be leaders, mobilize communities around issues, and build our collective voting power so our democracy works for everyone.
The Climate Justice Program Manager will be responsible for developing programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. Individual will be tasked with developing budgets and operating plans for programs and assisting in writing program funding proposals.
• Collaborate with NewFM neighborhood organizers to build growing base of grassroots climate justice activists.
• Design and implement actions and events to mobilize base, allies & partners toward key climate justice policy wins.
• Coordinate a grassroots climate justice training series—identify needs, develop workshops, conduct trainings, secure guest speakers/trainers, & coach others in conducting climate justice trainings.
• Work with Climate Justice Organizers to build relationships with local and state elected officials.
• Develop/maintain effective relationships with partner organizations, allied groups, & community leaders.
• Work with communications staff to develop community outreach materials & build community visibility.
• Implement programming in a manner that increases NewFM staff capacity to sharpen strategic analysis, deepen political education, and develop precise skills relevant to organizing and campaigning around issues.
• Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
• Creating and managing long-term goals.
• Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
• Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.