Climate Planning Expert
ERG is a nationally recognized environmental consulting firm. With offices across the country, we serve a spectrum of clients including federal agencies, state and local governments, international and non-governmental organizations. We are seeking an individual to work in our Oakland, CA office.
ERG has an immediate opening for an analyst to perform research, analyses and technical writing related to reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and helping our clients adapt to climate change through resiliency planning with a focus on shoreline and infrastructure planning. To add to our many climate projects at the local, state and national levels, we are currently building our capacity to support local and regional governments in California in the development of GHG inventories, vulnerability assessments, and climate mitigation and adaptation plans.
- Estimate GHG emissions from a variety of sectors including mobile sources to support transportation-related analyses.
- Identify and estimate GHG emissions impacts from a range of transportation strategies, including alternative/renewable fueled vehicles, mode switching, telecommuting, smart growth and mass transit projects.
- Support climate vulnerability assessments and develop adaptation strategies for shorelines and critical infrastructure including transportation infrastructure considering a variety of climate impacts including sea level rise.
- Support transportation system resilience planning.
- Assist with stakeholder outreach, preparing technical reports and communicating results to clients.