Climate Project Manager - Trust for Public Land
Post Date: 12/05/2022
Opportunity Type: Job
Organization/Grantor: Trust for Public Land (TPL)
Position/Title/Fund: Climate Project Manager
Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Can be based in any of TPL's 30+ offices.
The Climate Project Manager will support existing project delivery and growth of the program in collaboration with colleagues in the Land and People Lab, TPL field offices, and broad network of partners committed to advancing nature-based climate solutions. This role is hybrid in fashion, and candidates can be based near any of our major offices listed at tpl.org, with a preference for Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver and Dallas. This role will support climate program initiatives including:
- Regional planning and engagement to drive nature-based investment in green infrastructure to address climate risks and improve community health and equity.
- Application of national tools including Conservation Carbon Map and ParkServe to prioritize investment in high impact parks and public land projects.
- Supporting strategic partnerships with local governments to develop and implement policies and programs to advance urban nature-based solutions.
- Climate justice initiatives that help build the capacity of frontline community partners to advocate for and advance community-centered nature-based solutions.
- Thought leadership through research and writing on nature-based climate action.
- Climate communications and outreach to TPL audiences and channels, partner networks and the public.