Coastal Scientist - Michael Baker International
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
- The candidate who fills this position will join a high performing team that provides clients with multi-disciplinary engineering and science-based solutions to coastal management challenges including coastal flood risk (vulnerability assessments) and dredged material management. Responsibilities of this position include both leading and supporting the technical execution of projects within Michael Baker’s Northeast Region while collaborating with Michael Baker’s National Coastal Practice.
- Perform coastal flood hazard analysis and mapping with respect to both present day and future conditions.
- Support regional dredged material management and coastal restoration efforts including wetland restoration.
- Conduct small- and large-scale climate change vulnerability assessments related to coastal hazards for a wide array of clients from both public and private sectors.
- Manage, process, and analyze large geospatial datasets using an ESRI platform.
- Provide technical support to staff locally and across the national Coastal Practice.
- Produces written documentation via reports and memos of study methodology and results and provides recommendations based on findings.
- Navigate the intersection of flood risk mitigation and the economic, social and policy challenges that accompany these risks.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to increase flood risk awareness and support resiliency planning through written, verbal, and visual means