Community Grants Program Funding - Northwest Climate Resilience Collaborative
The Northwest Climate Resilience Collaborative is accepting applications for funding of climate resilience projects through its Community Grants Program. The Resilience Collaborative seeks to fund justice-focused, environmental and climate projects that advance community-centered resilience priorities. The Collaborative is particularly interested in supporting frontline communities and tribes or nonprofits and community organizations that serve frontline communities and tribes. Awardees must be based in Washington, Idaho or Oregon.
The Resilience Collaborative understands frontline communities as those who are disproportionately impacted by climate change. These are the populations who face historic and current inequities, often experience the earliest and most acute impacts of climate change, and have limited resources and/or capacity to adapt. These groups are often communities of color, Indigenous, low-income, or those whose lives and livelihoods depend on climate-sensitive natural resources.
The Northwest Climate Resilience Collaborative, housed at the University of Washington’s Climate Impacts Group, spans ten partner organizations across Washington, Oregon, Idaho and western Montana. The Resilience Collaborative is one of 11 NOAA-funded participatory research programs designed to support frontline communities. Learn more about the NOAA-CAP/RISA network.
Step one: Submit a Letter of Interest
- Prepare and submit your Letter of Interest using this form.
- Letters of Interest must be submitted by 6 p.m. on February 28, 2023.
- The review team will review all submitted letters and select the most competitive.
- The Resilience Collaborative will send invitations to those selected to submit a full proposal by no later than March 31, 2023.
Step two: Prepare a full proposal
- If invited to submit a full proposal, applicants will be asked to prepare an application of between two to four pages.
- To provide an understanding of what the full proposal will consist of, please see the full proposal outline, below. \
- The full proposal requirements will depend on the amount of your funding request.
- Finalized and complete details on the full proposal application will be provided by no later than February, 2023.