Community Stewardship Facilitator, Climate Impact Corps
Join the global fight for a healthy climate by taking action in local communities. Community Stewardship Facilitators engage people in climate issues by leading environmental action activities. Whether organizing tree plantings, water or air quality testing, community gardens or environmental education, you’ll make an incredible impact!
As a Community Stewardship Facilitator, you’ll develop relationships within communities, facilitate environmental activities and support participant learning and reflection. With great training and support, we’ll prepare you to engage others as you work together to pursue climate justice.
We are currently recruiting for the 2023-24 program year with opportunities beginning in August, October and January. This is an AmeriCorps member position with the Community Resilience Initiative of Climate Impact Corps. You will join an amazing group of members, determined to create change.
- Attend community events, gatherings and meetings to develop relationships.
- Build a network of partners and identify potential opportunities for projects and activities.
- Develop and facilitate environmental action activities.
- Share your experience with the wider community as a Climate Impact Corps ambassador.
By the time they begin their service, our members are:
- Dependable and have a history of good attendance
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Ready to serve 40 or 25 hours per week and complete required service hours
- Competent with basic computer skills (like using email and navigating online)
- Fluent in English
- 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent
- A citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident of the United States*
- Able to successfully complete a background check
Applications are rolling and will be reviewed as they are received.