Contractor-Program Assistant Announcement with EcoAdapt’s Climate Adaptation Knowledge Exchange Program
Job Type: Contract (1099, hourly (approx. 20 hours/week). Compensation will be dependent on abilities and experience, up to $30 per hour.
Work Location: Remote, located within the United States
Duration: This is a grant-funded position through February 2022, with the possibility of extension.
This is not an offer of employment or a job position as an employee with EcoAdapt.
EcoAdapt is seeking an entry level independent contractor to support the Climate Adaptation Knowledge Exchange (CAKE; CAKEx.org). This position will work closely with the CAKE Program and Knowledge Manager to support the CAKE website by assisting with user relations, supporting content development, and assisting with website functionality. CAKE is an online community website that supports managers, planners, and practitioners as they prepare for and respond to climate change. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a robust, revolutionary web platform built specifically for people looking to address the challenges of climate change; regularly interact with climate adaptation practitioners through membership engagement and outreach; and gain valuable experience in a burgeoning field.
EcoAdapt is a non-profit organization that provides support, training, and assistance to help governments, organizations, and individuals learn how to do what they do effectively even in the face of climate change. Learn more about what we do at EcoAdapt.org.
- Knowledge of/experience with website content management. Experience with Drupal or other website content management systems desired
- Proficient computer skills and prior experience or aptitude with web tools such as newsletter management systems (Constant Contact) and social media platforms ( Facebook, Twitter)
- Demonstrated excellent writing and verbal communication skills, especially in the production of online materials.
- Knowledge of climate change adaptation or passion about being part of the climate solution
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work fluidly within a project team.
- Ability to work independently from home (e.g., internet access, phone). Preference given to those with substantial telecommuting and independent work experience.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize in order to manage multiple demands and meet project deadlines.
- English speaking and comprehension fluency
Independent Contractor Availability:
The Contractor must be available for weekly check in meetings via phone or video conferencing. Contractor may simultaneously engage in other business; however, Contractor shall not engage in any other business that creates a conflict of interest with the duties of the position.
The Contractor must provide and maintain a suitable workspace with modern information technology hardware and software, high-quality telecommunications equipment (e.g., landline phone or cell phone), and a consistent broadband internet connection.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send application materials* to Careers@EcoAdapt.org. Please indicate “CAKE Independent Contractor” in the subject line of all email correspondences. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 15, 2021, 5:00PM PST, with rolling review and may be filled prior to the deadline.
Requested applications materials:
1) A cover letter including the following:
- Highlights of your qualifications that meet the position’s specific experience needs (specifically relating to website support experience).
- Your experience working as an independent contractor
- Your estimated weekly hour availability