Development Associate – Conservation Voters of South Carolina
Conservation Voters of South Carolina is the political voice of South Carolina's environmental community. Conservation Voters of South Carolina (CVSC) is a bipartisan, non-profit organization that, along with its sister organization the CVSC PAC, passes laws that protect our environment, elects pro-conservation candidates, and holds elected officials accountable.
CVSC seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented fundraiser to coordinate the organization’s direct mail, online fundraising, and event-based fundraising efforts that target “supporter” level gifts at $1000 and below. The right candidate will be a self-starter with excellent written and oral communications skills and demonstrated fundraising experience. The position reports to the Development Director and coordinates with the Database Manager and other members of the operations team. The Associate is also expected to perform other duties as needed in accordance with the successful operation of a non-profit organization.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in fundraising, development, sales, or similar field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that translate into compelling fundraising pitches, effective fundraising asks, and meaningful donor communications.
- Strong attention to detail, fast learner, exceptional organizational skills, and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with and competency in database management.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Word and Excel software.
Compensation & Benefits
Based in CVSC’s office in Columbia, SC, with the option of working remotely up to 2 days a week. Occasional day and overnight travel may be required.
CVSC offers a competitive non-profit sector salary for this position in the $40,000 - $45,000 range, depending on qualifications. CVSC also offers a robust benefits package that includes full health, vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance, retirement contributions, and generous vacation and state holiday schedules.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that addresses how your expertise matches the job description and why you want to work to protect the air, land, and water of South Carolina to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Associate in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.
Please see the link below for the full job description, requirements and to apply.