Digital Communications Assistant - People’s Climate Innovation Center
Salary: Hourly, part-time temporary position of up to 5-10 hr/week at $20-25/hr
People’s Climate Innovation Center (PCIC) is hiring for a digital communications assistant to support the capacity and growth of its newly forming communications department. The communications assistant will be responsible for PCIC’s digital presence across social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and support dynamic content on its website, contributing to the development of a social media strategy that includes ongoing content curation and design. The assistant would also be responsible for supporting regular website maintenance and updates related to media campaigns and news, events, or calls to action. This position will report to the Communications Manager. This is a part time position at a rate of $20-25/hr.
- Create and maintain a monthly social media engagement strategy to include goals, content curation, audience identification and cultivation, page growth tactics, etc.
- Assist Communications Manager in the growth of the brand by raising awareness through various social media platforms of PCIC’s work and partners.
- Interact with followers by communicating and answering questions through the organization's social pages and comments.
- Provide timely website updates to content and imagery aligned with social media campaigns and posts.
- Support Communications Manager and PCIC team with development and curation of PCIC quarterly newsletter content and publication.
- Oversee social media calendar and develop an editorial calendar to track external content in collaboration with PCIC staff.
- Demonstrated 1-3 years of relevant communications and/or social media experience (be able to provide examples of SM campaigns, writing samples, blogs, and/or branding).
- Experience tracking metrics and analytics (for example Google Analytics) strongly preferred.
- Familiar with multi-social posting through programs such as Hootsuite.
- Comfortable with working with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites.
- Comfort and knowledge creating visual designs using Photoshop or Canva.
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content.
- Experience determining how to cater marketing campaigns to a unique audience.
- Ability to work alongside a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward many company initiatives at once.
- Understanding of marketing strategy and how to use the concepts throughout various forms of outreach across digital platforms.
- Ability to write about complex subjects for multiple audiences using an affirming story-telling approach.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.