Director Regional Climate Hub - Dept. of Agriculture
Agency: United States Department of Agriculture
Position: Director Regional Climate Hub/Sub Hub (ARS-DH22Y-11339742-NW)
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $108,885 - $166,502 per year
Location: El Reno, OK
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Description: This position is with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Grazing Lands Research Laboratory, Great Plans Agroclimate & Natural Resources Research Unit located in El Reno, Oklahoma. In this position, you will serve as the Director for a Regional Climate Hub/Sub Hub and be responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing activities to provide technical support to agricultural stakeholders.
- Ensure the Hub's Partnerships/Coordination; Research; Information Synthesis/Tool Development; Assessments; Education; Communication and delivery strategy; and adaptation and mitigation and mitigation demonstrations are accomplished.
- Oversee the various projects involving subdivision of activities into separate phases.
- Serve as a key conduit for communicating stakeholder needs to the research leadership within agency/USDA and other research institutions.
- Oversee the analyses of the gap between the needs of the stakeholders and the availability of the current tools and information services.
- Collaborate with Federal and state research organizations to identify USDA Climate change research within the region and to integrate results of the research into the Climate Hub deliverables.
- Coordinate and/or participate in Hub climate change outreach efforts with regional USDA Service Centers, Cooperative Extension, State Climatologists and other outreach providers in their region.
- Serve as a regional subject matter expert on topics of climate change adaptation and mitigation of working lands and agricultural systems.
- Represent the agency on issues relating to weather and climate variability and projected climate change with direct and indirect impacts to agriculture and forestry.
Apply: on USAJobs.gov at https://go.usa.gov/xtjUr