Energy and Climate Strategy Director, The Nature Conservancy
The Climate and Energy Strategy Director will expand internal knowledge of ways to support indigenous and Tribal communities in the context of renewable energy and address the impacts of mining on Native lands. They will provide subject matter expertise related to climate policy and renewable energy topics for the Nevada BU and partners and assist with drafting public comments, factsheets, and communications with industry and partners. They may be asked to assist in developing policy, lobbing, and testifying before the NV State Legislature. This position will coordinate strategic communications at all levels with target audiences regarding TNC's conservation priorities and climate and renewable energy-related matters, including habitat friendly renewable energy deployment, natural climate solutions, decarbonization, etc. As needed, this position will engage and manage consultants with expertise needed to carry out responsibilities..
Are you looking for a career to help people and nature? Guided by science, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges, and our team in Nevada is dedicated to a future in which people and nature can thrive together. We're looking for someone who is a passionate, motivated problem-solver to help TNC's Nevada Business Unit engage on climate policy and develop renewable energy solutions to address the dual crises of climate change and biodiversity loss. This is an exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated, capable individual interested in joining the world's leading conservation organization.
What You'll Bring:
- BA/BS degree in climate or energy policy, renewable energy management, or other relevant field and 7 years' experience in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with, presenting to, and communicating with a wide range of audiences, including elected officials, government agency staff, executive-level individuals within the energy sector, professional and trade associations, clean energy advocates, and the media.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including managing finances and coordinating the work of other professionals and partners.
- Experience with collaborative strategy development and implementation as well as developing and maintaining partnerships and coalitions.
- Knowledge of and subject matter expertise related to renewable energy, especially wind, geothermal, and solar, and federal, state, and local energy policies and regulatory frameworks related to energy transmission and renewable energy deployment.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience with legislative, planning, policy or corporate initiatives to address greenhouse gas emission reduction and renewable energy development.
- Knowledge of Tribal issues related to climate change and renewable energy.
- Experience building networks or organization capacity, increasing knowledge sharing, and identifying key stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with strong listening, collaborative and diplomacy skills, and ability to influence without authority.
- Fluency in English.
To apply for job ID 54324, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on December 18, 2023.