Environmental Program Officer, Thriving Communities - Patagonia
At Patagonia, we appreciate that all life on earth is under threat of extinction. We aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imaginations—to do something about it.
As an Environmental Program Officer, you are responsible for taking a strategic approach to the development, research, implementation, and execution of Patagonia’s environmental funding programs with an emphasis on civic engagement, environmental justice and underrepresented communities in the environmental movement and outdoor industry. Your role focuses on fostering relationships with prospective and ongoing grantees, strategic development and execution of relevant programs and funding initiatives, and engaging employees as key stakeholders throughout the grantmaking process.
- 5+ years’ experience as a grantmaker with a foundation
- 3+ years’ experience working with an environmental non-profit, working with underrepresented communities on environmental issues
- 1+ years’ experience working in the U.S. on civic engagement/electoral programs
- Advanced degree in a related field or commensurate work experience on environmental justice or civic engagement issues, such as leadership of a significant environmental campaign
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a program or funding initiative from start to finish; ability to build lasting work relationships with grantees, other foundations’ staff, government officials and other colleagues
- Ability to organize and effectively handle multiple projects, meet regular deadlines with consistency and accuracy, work independently while within a team structure, and work under pressure with ease and humor
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Windows, and Excel. Experience with grants management software helpful
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full time position based in Ventura, CA.
How to Apply
Please see the link below for the full job description, requirements and to apply.