Investment Insurance & Project Finance Officer, U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC)
As an Officer you'll manage the most complex sensitive or precedent-setting finance & political risk insurance projects with an emphasis on using innovative financial structures to drive climate finance including but not limited to debt-for-nature swaps, financing of coal plant retirements, nature based solutions, development & execution of risk sharing or blended finance platforms with other financial institutions, & development & execution of financing models for climate adaptation investments.
This position is eligible to be 100% remote. The option to work out of the DFC's office in downtown Washington, DC is available to candidates who are interested. If applicants select Washington, DC as their preferred duty station, the selectee will be expected to report to the office and follow the agency's telework policy.
The ideal candidate will have experience mobilizing, analyzing and underwriting international projects & investments to scale cutting-edge climate solutions to address frontier climate challenges. They would ideally have an educational background in: Climate Change Finance & Investment, Sustainable Finance, and/or Environmental Science, Environmental Technology, or Environmental Management, which will allow them to apply this knowledge in using innovative financial structures for climate investments. Their past experience(s) will enable them to quickly assess the feasibility and risks of an investment opportunity. The ideal candidate will have knowledge about nature-based solutions and various forms of renewable energy.
As an Investment Insurance & Project Finance Officer (Innovative Climate Solutions), you will:
- Perform a range of activities in the structured debt finance origination process, including reviewing business plans, off-take agreements, financial model projections, and financial model sensitivities for structured debt finance applications in the climate finance sector.
- Perform a range of activities in the origination process for political risk insurance for climate-related investments, including reviewing business plans, power or water purchase agreements, loan agreements and contracts with foreign governments, project information memoranda, including for debt-for-nature swaps enabling bonds for conservation, biodiversity and mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
- Analyze the nature and structure of the investment, equity and loan instruments involved in climate finance projects in DFC eligible countries.
- Prepare portions of necessary documents and memoranda required in the Agency's approval process.
- Negotiate terms and conditions in insurance contracts and structured debt finance agreements.
- Conduct research and analysis on political, commercial, and macroeconomic country and sovereign risks.
- Conduct outreach to expand the prospective investment insurance and structured debt finance pipeline for climate finance projects.
Applications for this position are only being accepted through USAJOBS at: https://dfc.usajobs.gov/job/757804500.
All applications must be received at the link provided by 11:59 pm (ET) on November 27th, 2023 to be considered.