Keeling Curve Prize, The Global Warming Mitigation Project
The Global Warming Mitigation Project's mission is to decarbonize the planet by discovering the world's best climate leaders and deploying the resources they need to scale their solutions.
Their flagship program, the Keeling Curve Prize, was established in recognition that the world needs to act quickly on climate and that there are effective solutions being implemented right now all across the globe. The KCP's aim is to accelerate and celebrate these solutions by honoring the very best climate actions worldwide and enhancing their efforts. We do this by providing not only financial resources, but exposure, promotion, and a supporting network to elevate their success.
The KCP awards $50,000 annually to each of 10 global projects that demonstrate the ability to reduce, replace, or remove greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and oceans. Since 2018, we’ve awarded $1.75M to 60 nonprofits, for-profits, and startups, vetted more than 1,130 viable solutions, and grown one of the largest networks of global warming mitigators in the world. The initiatives we’ve awarded are currently projected to reduce 3.27 gigatons of CO2e emissions this year alone (self-reported data).
All 2024 applications must be submitted through this online portal (kcurveprize.org/apply) by Monday, February 12, 2024 at 11:59pm IDLW (UTC−12:00).
- Create an account. Note that you do not need to have an account to access the application questions, but you will need an account to input responses and edit and submit the application.
- Log into the platform at kcp-conduit.org/login and click “Apply Now”.
- Enter your application responses across all three tabs (Eligibility, General, Application Questions).
- At any point before the application deadline, you can save your responses and return to the application. Saved applications will be accessible on the applicant portal home page after logging in. Out of an abundance of caution, we recommend that you also save responses in another format that is accessible to you to be certain you do not lose your work if the browser gets closed or any other unplanned circumstance occurs.
- When you are ready to submit, click “Review and Submit” in the upper left hand corner.
- Review your application and confirm submission.
You must press Submit before the application deadline for your application to be considered complete. Any saved applications that have not been submitted will not be considered.