Land, Water, and Ocean Project Manager – Conservation Voters of South Carolina
Conservation Voters of South Carolina is the political voice of South Carolina's environmental community. Conservation Voters of South Carolina (CVSC) is a bipartisan, non-profit organization that, along with its sister organization the CVSC PAC, passes laws that protect our environment, elects pro-conservation candidates, and holds elected officials accountable.
CVSC seeks a highly motivated person with experience in environmental policy and advocacy for a project management position focused on land, water, and ocean conservation. The position will develop and implement various campaigns that include increasing land protection tools and funding, protecting water quality and quantity in SC waterways, preventing offshore drilling and plastic pollution, and promoting sustainable fisheries. The right candidate will be a self-starter with excellent written and oral communications skills, demonstrated experience initiating projects and advancing them successfully. The position reports to the Campaigns Director and coordinates with the Deputy Director, lobbyists, and project managers. The Project Manager is also expected to perform other duties as needed in accordance with the successful operation of a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in land use, environmental policy, political science, communications or other relevant field and three to five years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills, an ability to communicate and present complex information in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner in person, over video conferencing, and over the telephone.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, an ability to follow up and meet deadlines, attention to detail and confidentiality, resourceful, and a fast and willing learner.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion – a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- An ability to think critically, take leadership roles with a strategic mindset, consensus-build, prioritize, delegate, and manage coalitions with self-awareness and confidence.
Compensation & Benefits
Based in South Carolina, with option for remote working from within the state. CVSC has a physical office in Columbia. Occasional day and overnight travel may be required.
The position is full-time, contingent on continued funding (grants and individual donations). This includes a 40- hour workweek with the need for flexible scheduling, depending on the nature of an issue or timeframe.
CVSC offers a competitive non-profit sector salary for this position in the $45,000 – 50,000 range, depending on qualifications. CVSC also offers a robust benefits package that includes full health, vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance, retirement contributions, and generous vacation and state holiday schedules.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that addresses how your expertise matches the job description and why you want to work to protect the air, land, and water of South Carolina to email@example.com with Land, Water, & Ocean Project Manager in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.
Please see the link below for the full job description, requirements and to apply.