PO, Climate Risk Mgmt & Resilience
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Officer for its Washington, D.C. based Climate program. Under the supervision of Director for Climate Risk Management & Resilience, the Program Officer will support the Climate Change Adaptation team through planning, coordination, communication, and implementation of program activities for existing and new partnerships and projects in collaboration with other goals teams, departments and field offices.
- Works with project personnel, grantees, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, communication, and regular reporting for adaptation and resilience team projects, including but not limited to: ecosystem-based adaptation in Central America; improving country commitments to the Paris Agreement through nature-based approaches to adaptation; and improving planning for sustainable, climate resilient infrastructure.
- Facilitates the development short- and long-term workplans, reports and communications materials for adaptation team projects.
- Conducts research, monitors and analyzes new technical information, policies, tools, and global trends related to climate change adaptation and resilience; landscape-scale spatial planning for biodiversity, ecosystem services, and climate resilient sustainable development; documents learning from projects to inform future adaptation and resilience work.
- Assists with fundraising proposals from private foundations and/or government aid agencies to support related adaptation and resilience projects. Provides support to the GEF and GCF teams to incorporate climate risk into project concepts. Prepares and/or finalizes scopes of work, budgets, and administrative information for contracts and to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Travels to project field locations, providing relevant technical research and workshop planning and logistical support. Assists field offices in integrating climate risks into conservation and sustainable developments strategies for WWF priority places.
- Regularly presents updates on these various initiatives internally to WWF staff and externally at workshops and conferences, where appropriate.
- Interacts regularly with representatives of WWF-International, other WWF offices and associate organizations, grantees, and consultants. Communicates with representatives of conservation organizations, universities, NGOs, corporations, and/or government agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.