Postdoctoral Fellow, Innovation in Sustainable Food Systems - Santa Clara University
The Santa Clara University Center for Food Innovation and Entrepreneurship seeks to hire a postdoctoral fellow to conduct research in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship, food security and food justice,and social, economic, or environmental sustainability of food business or systems. Past research has included urban and community food systems, food waste and innovative solutions to food waste, food/ nutrition insecurity, and agrifood tech. The Center is looking for a postdoctoral fellow to expand upon and complement CFIE’s current areas of strength by bringing new expertise, teaching, and scholarship focused on innovation and entrepreneurship to address climate and sustainability issues within the food system. This is a two-year postdoctoral opportunity with the possibility of renewing for a third year.
Candidates must possess a relevant doctoral degree, with a demonstrated ability to establish and lead interdisciplinary research. The successful candidate for this position may have a background in the natural or social sciences.
The Center for Food Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CFIE) is dedicated to learning and scholarship that contributes to advancing innovation and entrepreneurship in the AgriFood Tech industry. We provide educational programs that address the most promising opportunities and serious challenges with a focus on businesses that are sustainable, innovative, entrepreneurial, and profitable. CFIE develops and disseminates knowledge through its educational, research, and outreach programs with the goal of contributing to a food system that is innovative, just, transparent, and sustainable. We have educated more than 1000 MBA graduates since our founding in 1973, including many leaders in food and agriculture industries. CFIE also offers an undergraduate minor and a pathway, an immersive study program, several courses in food and agriculture, and a variety of events and programs.
- The principal responsibilities include designing and executing research projects, working with faculty and students of CFIE and across the university, and interacting with industry
- There is a possibility of teaching a one-quarter course
- Candidates for this position must have an active research history and have earned, or be close to finishing, a Ph.D. in a related discipline
- Academic publications and teaching experience in related fields are desirable
Your application should include:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Example of scholarship
- Unofficial Graduate Transcript
- Evidence of teaching excellence/performance, if applicable
- Research Statement
- Three letters of reference