Program Associate, Yellowstone to Yukon Program - Wilburforce Foundation
Organization: Wilburforce Foundation
Position: Program Associate, Yellowstone to Yukon
Deadline: June 21, 2022
Location: Hybrid, in-office and remote (Seattle WA); employees are expected to reside in the Puget Sound region.
Salary: $85,000 - $105,000
Description: About Yellowstone to Yukon Program: The Yellowstone to Yukon (Y2Y) ecoregion is a worldwide model for
large landscape conservation that encompasses Yellowstone National Park in the south, stretching 2000 miles north along the spine of the continent to the Yukon, where the mountainous corridor spills out onto the Arctic plains. The Foundation’s goal is to achieve landscape-scale connectivity and climate resilience by protecting and connecting wildlife and wildlands across the region. The Foundation supports collaborative community-based efforts that sustain biodiversity, landscape connectivity, climate resilience, and sustainable communities.
Responsibilities: Program Associates work closely with their Program Officer and other staff to advance the outcomes described in the Foundation’s Strategic Framework. Core responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Program Officer in activities that advance Y2Y regional strategies
- Building and nurturing relationships with grantees, consultants, and other partners
- Supporting efforts to improve grantee knowledge and capacity
- Undertaking a range of grantmaking activities and acting as a link between grantees and the foundation staff who manage grantmaking processes
- Researching, preparing, and/or delivering reports or other presentations
- Working with the entire Wilburforce team to create and maintain a collaborative, inclusive, team-oriented work environment
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, combined into one document either in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Email your application to email@example.com, and use “Program Associate” in the subject line. The application deadline is 8:00 a.m. (PDT) on Tuesday, June 21, 2022. After this deadline, please contact us before submitting an application.
- June 27-30: First-round interviews by Zoom or phone for selected applicants
- July 13-15: Second-round interviews for those who advance
- Week of July 18: Reference checks and hiring decision
- We hope to have a new employee start as soon as possible thereafter